We are hiring
Senior / Intermediate Quantity Surveyor
MJ Donnelly is a leading Chartered Quantity Surveying and Project Management consultancy working across the UK and Ireland. We have an opportunity for someone to join our team to deliver a range of high-profile and unique construction projects across a range of sectors.
If you are a Quantity Surveyor with a minimum 2 years post graduate work experience and are ready for your next career move, or working towards Chartership, this role will enable you to progress with your career as it will offer an opportunity for the right candidate to progress to a senior level/management role.
MJ Donnelly is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their sex; religious or similar philosophical belief; political opinion; race; age; sexual orientation; marriage status.
Role and Responsibilities
- Manage aspects of quantity surveying and cost consultancy including pre and post-contract duties.
- Prepare tendering documents.
- Produce cost estimates and cost plans.
- Manage the tender process, review and analyse tender returns and prepare recommendations to the client as well as advice on procurement routes.
- Attend meetings, prepare financial reports and monitor the status of projects.
- Ensure the project remains on budget from design to completion phase.
- Full post contract duties including establishing the effect of variations and evaluating and negotiating final account settlements.
- Build and maintain trusted relationships with clients, always maintaining the highest standards of professional competence.
- Support and manage junior team members to deliver our services effectively.
- Contribute to winning new work and/or repeat business.
- Evaluate costs and advise on alternative proposals.
- Provide advice on contract arrangements and conditions.
- Advise architects and engineers on the cost implications of different construction methods, and alternative materials.
- Manage the costs of projects during the construction stage and negotiate final accounts.
Experience and Skills Required
- Degree qualification (RICS accredited)
- MRICS Chartered, or working towards
- Experience in high-value and complex projects gained in a consultancy environment.
- Workplace, retail, commercial, or mixed-use sector experience desirable.
- Commercially aware with excellent negotiation and organisational skills.
- Knowledge and experienced in the use of Microsoft Office packages, BlueBeam or similar measurement packages
- Be able to evidence pre and post contract QS experience through examples of projects worked on
How to Apply
If you are interested in this role, please forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to email@example.com